Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Question from the Reviewer


My short story reviews are averaging about 160 hits a day. I enjoy reviewing short stories because they are different, on different topics and always surprise me in some way. Sometimes they are filled with information about unfamiliar topics. Sometimes they have ironic twists in plots. Sometimes they have fascinating characters. They are some of the reasons that I enjoy reviewing short stories, especially those in Short Story International, edited by Sylvia Tankel. Mostly I review short stories because I enjoy reading them and also appreciate the challenge of summarizing them. That’s my reason for this blog.

However, I am amazed that there is so much interest in these reviews or summaries. And I would like to know why. There are some critics who have said that the short story is a dead art form. I will appreciate some of my readers telling me why they are so interested in these short story reviews. Please write to RayS. at raystop2@comcast.net.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment